our Ecosystem approach
domestic violence is a multi-faceted issue
To meet the unique needs of survivors and reverse the impacts of trauma, our comprehensive ecosystem of services shatter the barriers that feed the cycle of abuse.
For over 50 years, Newhouse has laid a foundation of safety, comfort, and hope for survivors in the metro and beyond. As we prepare for our next 50 years, we are underscoring that Newhouse is more than a domestic violence shelter. Newhouse is the catalyst for survivors of domestic violence to rise through the impacts of trauma by providing an ecosystem of transformative services that lead to safety, self-sufficiency, and whole person healing.
We are building an ecosystem of services:
- Overcoming racial and socioeconomic disparities
- Mental + physical health
- Nutrition and physical well-being
- Legislative initiatives
- Job readiness training and employment
- Legal services and court advocacy
- Substance dependency support
- Expanded child welfare services
- Child care
- Safe + affordable housing
- Financial stability
- Access to new opportunities
SUCCESS GOES BEYOND OUR FOUR WALLS
Our goal, in strategic collaboration and partnerships with agencies, universities, communities and governments,
is to deliver the most cutting-edge modalities to reverse the developmental impacts of trauma.
This is how we truly break the cycle.